“The Gull Dam Challenge” Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsor: Gull Dam Brewing (“Sponsor”) is the sponsor of this contest.
Sponsor may be contacted at email@example.com
Create your own “I need a Gull Dam Beer” video and tell us why you think you have the best Gull Dam video! Then, upload the video to Gull Dam Brewing’s page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gulldambrewing. Three submissions with the best image and story, as selected by a panel of Sponsor judges, will be awarded prizes. The grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to Las Vegas*, and the first and second place prize winners each will receive one (1) $100 Gull Dam gift card.
* Trip will be for 2 nights, three days, leaving from Minneapolis. It will include two nights of hotel stay and $250 for meals.
Eligibility and General Terms:
The Gull Dam Brewing “I need a Gull Dam Beer” Challenge Contest (the Contest) is open to residents of the U.S. 21 years of age or older. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its distributors, dealers, and their families are not eligible to participate in the Contest. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
Contest Entry Period:
The Contest begins Monday, June 18th, 2018 at 12:01 p.m. CT and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 (the Contest Period). All entries must be submitted by the entry deadline.
How to Enter:
Internet access is necessary to enter. Your entry or entries may be submitted via the following method:
- During the Contest Period, submit your video to Gull Dam Brewing’s page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gulldambrewing/.
Your entry must…
- Tell us why your video of “I need a Gull Dam Beer” is better than any other video.
- Be creative!
Manipulated or computer-enhanced images (e.g. Videoshop) ARE allowed.
Sponsor product(s) may be depicted in the video but are not mandatory.
There is no limit to the number of entries that can be submitted by an individual. Sponsor will not be held responsible for incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that…
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted entries;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) other than Sponsor’s;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including videographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- contains materials embodying the names, likeliness, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public figures, living or dead, without permission;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private characters, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will which Sponsor wishes to encourage and convey;
- violates any law.
Entries must be original (created by entrant) and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name or likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof if requested may render the entry null and void. Entries must comply with Facebook video guidelines. By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the entry consent to the submission and use of the entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any element of any entry or related materials and to disqualify any entrant whose participation may subject the Contest, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, or ridicule.
By submitting an entry, each entrant…
- Irrevocably grants Sponsor the royalty-free right throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the contents of the entry in all media, including without limitation, to edit, rearrange, and/or copy the entry for use in the promotion of Sponsor’s products and services without further permission, consideration or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited. The contents of the entry may include the entrant’s Twitter or Instagram handle (name) and entrant expressly consents to their use by Sponsor as provided in these official rules.
- Warrants and represents that the entrant is the sole creator and copyright owner of the entry and that use by Sponsor of the entry as described in these rules will not violate any law or infringe upon any right or interest of any third party;
- Certifies that entrant has obtained from anyone identified or depicted in the entry all permission necessary to submit the entry and to grant Sponsor the right to use the entry as described in these rules;
- Agrees to all the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges, and consents to the use of his or her name and other information by Sponsor for purposes of direct mail or similar solicitations; and
- Releases Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and employees from any and all liability with respect to or arising out of participation in the Contest, or the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize or the loss or misdirection of any prize.
All individuals appearing in the entry must be at least 21 years of age. Only the person identified as the entrant will be eligible for any prize offered in this Contest. Any other
individual shown or identified in an entry will not be considered the entrant and will not be eligible to receive any prize offered in this Contest. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. No submitted videos will be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any or all entries that, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, depict use of a product in an unsafe or irresponsible manner or are otherwise inappropriate.
Entrants’ information will not be sold or rented to third parties. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the entry form to be eligible. Incomplete entries are void.
Three prizes will be awarded. The grand prize winner will receive two round trip tickets to Las Vegas, and two nights stay at the Las Vegas Hilton (retail value $2000), and the first and second place prize winners each will receive one (1) $100 Gull Dam gift card.
Selection of Winners:
Entries will be judged on the following factors:
- Image quality
- Entertainment value of story
- The Contest judges, comprised of Sponsor representatives, will select one grand prize winner, a first place prize winner, and a second place prize winner.
- Winners will be notified via email and/or phone of their winning status.
- Sponsor may identify winners by first name, city, and state on Sponsor’s social media sites, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Information on the winning entries also can be obtained by writing Gull Dam Brewing re: Gull Dam Challenge, 23836 Smiley Road, Nisswa, MN 56468.
The winners will be notified by Sponsor via email and/or phone by Monday August 10th 2018. To claim a prize, the winner must respond within 14 days of notification of winning status by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release and a W-9 taxpayer form. If the selected winner forfeits the prize or is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept the prize according to the terms of these Official Rules, Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, select another winner.
By accepting the prize, the winner consents, where allowable, to promotional use of his or her first name, city, state, Twitter or Instagram handle and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, and releases Sponsor, its distributors and dealers from liability resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of a prize. Failure to timely claim a prize and comply with the acceptance requirements will result in forfeiture of the prize. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be substituted and are not refundable, transferable or redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Odds of Winning:
Depend on the number of qualifying entries received.
Gull Dam Brewing, Inc.
23836 Smiley Road
Nisswa, MN 56468
Sponsor reserves the right to revoke or cancel the Contest at any time if Contest materials contain errors or other mistakes. Sponsor is not liable for any technical or computer malfunctions related to the Contest or any Contest entries. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest for technical reasons such as a computer virus. Sponsor’s decisions regarding all issues related to the Contest will be final.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered, garbled or misdirected entries, videos, captions, “likes,” votes and/or emails; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration in the Contest, the processing of entries, videos, captions or emails, the announcement of prizes, the tabulation of votes, or in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor is also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading materials from or use of any website. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the contest or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. In the event of cancellation or termination, Sponsor reserves the right to determine winners from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the date of cancellation or termination using the judging criteria and process detailed herein. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, the entry will be deemed as made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook user associated with the entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned the user account by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online-service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning user accounts. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.